There are loads of apps you can buy on the Apple App Store using your debit or credit card. You can also buy items using gift cards. However, not all the purchases you make are intentional. Sometimes you just buy an app or service without really thinking it through, and only realize what you have done after the fact. Don’t fear, though. You can get an Apple App Store refund when you purchase apps by mistake.
There are two ways to get an Apple App Store refund. You can either request for a refund through iTunes or visit the Apple website.
Apple App Store refund via iTunes
Here is how to ask for your money back through iTunes:
1. Log into iTunes on your PC with your Apple ID. When you log in, iTunes will show you all the apps you have installed on your devices. When you click on Purchase
History, you will see the purchases you made using your account.
2. Locate a button at the bottom of the screen labeled Report a Problem. Click on it, and you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID and password again. When you
do that, the next screen will bring up a list of possible problems you might experience. Select I Didn’t Authorize This Purchase , then fill in the details about the purchase you made in the box underneath. When
you finish, click on Submit.
Apple App Store refund via Web
If you don’t have iTunes installed on your PC, it is okay. Just follow these instructions:
1. Visit reportproblem.apple.com on your web browser.
2. Under Report a Problem, select the app you want to get a refund for, then click Report a Problem. A drop-down menu will appear. Select the option that lets you report a mistaken purchase. Click on Submit.
3. Apple will review your request. If it is legitimate, you will get a refund, which can take up to 5 days,excluding weekends and bank holidays.
Note that you might not get refunds on apps or files downloaded a long time ago.